Beyond Pain Management 5 day Course
This five-day workshop brings together cutting-edge research and advanced clinical interventions to train participants in an emerging model of care.
Clients and patients often present with chronic symptoms for which there is no clear medical explanation, including pain, anxiety, depression, fatigue, and insomnia. High rates of lifetime trauma and unresolved emotional experiences often underlie these conditions. New research and clinical practices have been shown to be effective for these individuals. This basic training offers the clinician the opportunity to gain knowledge and learn skills that will be immediately applicable to their practices.
- Summarize key research and clinical concepts that underlie the Unlearn Your Pain approach.
- Identify patients who have disorders that are likely to benefit from the Unlearn Your Pain approach.
- Understand the components of the Unlearn Your Pain approach and learn how to integrate them into a clinical practice.
- Practice using these clinical components to gain experience and confidence.
- Understand the limitations and clinical caveats to this approach.
Attendees include physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, licensed professional counselors, mental health clinicians, substance abuse specialists, medical students, and others who provide services for people experiencing chronic pain.
$750 per registrant
(Includes a copy of Hidden From View, by Drs. Allan Abbass and Howard Schubiner)