Clients and patients often present with chronic symptoms for which there is no clear medical explanation, including pain, anxiety, depression, fatigue, and insomnia. High rates of lifetime trauma and unresolved emotional experiences often underlie these conditions. New research and clinical practices have been shown to be effective for these individuals. This basic training offers the clinician the opportunity to gain knowledge and learn skills that will be immediately applicable to their practices.
- Summarize key research and clinical concepts that underlie the Unlearn Your Pain approach.
- Identify patients who have disorders that are likely to benefit from the Unlearn Your Pain approach.
- Understand the components of the Unlearn Your Pain approach and learn how to integrate them into a clinical practice.
- Practice using these clinical components to gain experience and confidence.
- Understand the limitations and clinical caveats to this approach.
Attendees include physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, licensed professional counselors, mental health clinicians, substance abuse specialists, medical students, and others who provide services for people experiencing chronic pain.
$275 per registrant | $225 for Ascension clinicians
(Includes a copy of Hidden From View, by Drs. Allan Abbass and Howard Schubiner)
Preregistration is requested by Friday, May 10
After that date, cost increases to $300 per registrant; $250 for Ascension clinicians.