- Discuss various skin manifestations of increasingly prevalent pediatric diseases;
- Identify training patterns that lead to overuse injuries, diagnose causes of knee pain, recognize supplement and drug abuse in the athlete, manage overuse injuries in a way that will lead to better patient compliance;
- Describe how pain is processed in the brain, recognize relationship between pain and emotions, describe alternative approaches to chronic pain management;
- Identify and understand empirically-supported treatments for pediatric feeding disorders;
- Discuss common toxicological emergencies:
- Discuss thyroid gland physiology, laboratory assessment of thyroid status, factors that affect thyroid function testing results, and interpretation for common abnormalities in thyroid testing..
St. John Hospital & Medical Center is accredited by the Michigan State Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
St. John Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
The ACCME is approved by the Board of Nursing as an acceptable provider of continuing education for license renewal or relicensure.
Fees include breakfast, lunch and registration materials.