- recognize the signs and symptoms of an acute stroke;
- learn to identify patients at risk for stroke;
- summarize the EMS role in the care of the stroke patient;
- understand the rationale for a stroke protocol in the emergency center;
- describe why some patients can be treated for stroke up to 24 hours;
- describe treatment planning in ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke care;
- discuss telestroke care methods to provide evidenced based treatment in shortened time frames;
- recognize critical components of a post acute care rehabilitation program.
Ascension St. John Hospital is accredited by the Michigan State Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Ascension St. John Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
The ACCME is approved by the Board of Nursing as an acceptable provider of continuing education for license renewal or relicensure.
Fees include breakfast, lunch and registration materials.