What is smoking cessation?
Smoking cessation simply is quitting smoking. We offer a six week tobacco focused group to help support your quitting attempt. Benefits of this focused group are:
- Specialized educational topics
- Opportunities to learn coping techniques from your peers
- Increased ability to see issues more clearly when expressed by others
- Increased willingness to share concerns which may be seen as unique to this journey
- Opportunity to learn from the diversity of other group members
Class will be offered from 3:00 - 4:30 p m at Oshkosh YMCA - 20th Ave, 3303 W 20th Ave, Oshkosh in MPR #3 on the following dates:
- Tuesday, February 4
- Tuesday, February 11
- Tuesday, February 18
- Tuesday, February 25
- Tuesday, March 3
- Tuesday, March 10
Registration is required. The class size is limited to 10 individuals, a minimum number of participants to hold the group is 3.
Cost of class is $20, due at the first session. Please note, scholarships are available should you need financial assistance. Please contact, St Elizabeth Cancer Center, Tami at (920) 831-8946 if scholarship is needed for course.
Instructors for the class are:
- Tami Morrow, RN and Tobacco Treatment Specialist
- Heather Roesch, MSSW - Social Worker
A full refund is available prior to the start of the courses. Refund is not available if you choose not to attend all 6 sessions.