Have you been experiencing…
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness
- Sleeping too much or not enough
- Loss of interest in activities you once loved
- Feelings of sadness or emptiness
Do you find yourself…
- Constantly worrying and feeling tense
- Struggling with irritability or restlessness
- Have difficulty concentrating or making decisions
- Experiencing headaches, nausea, fatigue or other physical symptoms
- Feeling easily startled
You may be struggling with symptoms of depression and/or anxiety. You are not alone. Adult women or men who are experiencing general anxiety, social anxiety, panic attacks, perfectionism, or mild post-traumatic issues are invited to join our group.
We’ll cover cognitive behavioral therapy and other techniques to provide:
- Identification of the biological, situational and personality causes of depression and anxiety
- Education –how thoughts and emotions impact behavior
- Coping strategies –ways to relate to your thoughts and emotions
- Mastery of mindfulness and relaxation methods
- Ways to reconnect with the things you value and find meaningful
- “Toolkits” with solutions and useful resources
This therapy group is led by Cori Smith, LCSW, CSAC, Outpatient Psychotherapist. For more information about the program, contact Ms. Smith at 414-874-6296.
Where: Wheaton Franciscan Mental Health & Addiction Care
13950 W. Capitol Drive - 2nd floor, Brookfield
Time: 9:00 - 10:30 am
Physician referral is required. The group will be billed under behavioral health insurance benefits.
Classes are provided in English unless otherwise stated. If you require language assistance please let us know when you call. We are happy to support your communication needs through interpreter resources.