Hypnobirthing is a philosophy of childbirth as well as a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing and stress-free birth. Ascension Health System offers hypnobirthing classes at Ascension Mercy Medical Center in Oshkosh.
Relaxation is so beneficial: during pregnancy to provide positive endorphins to mom and baby, during labor to help the body relax and progress towards delivery easily, and when breastfeeding or during parenting. We all need help relaxing at some point in our lives and HypnoBirthing can be used for a variety of situations. The Marie Mongan HypnoBirthing Manual will be used for this program. You will receive a copy of this book, 1 CD and 1 download of relaxation exercises.
When a woman properly prepares for childbirth and her mind and body are in harmony, nature functions in the same well-designed manner it does with other animals. You’ll watch Hypnobirthing films showing laboring mothers who are awake, alert and in good humor as they experience a gentle birth.
Trust Your Body
Hypnobirthing teaches you to release all prior conditioning about birth, to trust your body and work with it and to free yourself from emotions that lead to pain. With Hypnobirthing, you will not be in a trance or sleep state. You will be aware and fully in control, but profoundly relaxed.
Our classes provide a warm learning environment where you will learn:
- how to achieve an easier and more comfortable birth
- how to use your instincts to birth your baby in a manner that most mirrors the way nature intended
- ways to overcome the myth that pain is a necessary part of labor
- techniques of deep relaxation to help you eliminate fear, tension and pain
- how to use your body’s natural design to conceive, nurture and birth your baby
- how to create your body’s own natural epidural
- natural ways to bring your body into labor without artificial chemical induction
- how you and your birthing companion can create a caring, serene, and joyful birthing environment
- how to breathe your baby into the world without hard physical pushing You may be covered!
Network Health Plan of Wisconsin recently announced it has added Hypnobirthing as one of the many options expectant mothers can choose for childbirth education, for those covered by this benefit. Other insurance plans may also cover all or part of the cost of Hypnobirthing.
Please check with your insurance plan to determine your coverage.