1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activites. A Matter of Balance is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels. This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
* Classes meet for 8 sessions* Each class is 2 hours Class 9 - "Remembering When" is optional (3/01/18)
You Will Learn To:
* view falls as controllable
* set goals for increasing activity
* make changes to reduce fall risks at home
* exercise to increase strength and balance
Who Should Attend?
* anyone concerened about falls
* anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
* anyone who has fallen in the past
* anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
This program is is being offered in partnership with the Area Agency on Aging 1-B.
January 4, 11, 18, 25, February 1, 8, 15, 22. (3/1/18 class is optional). FREE
Location: Crittenton Hospital Medical Center Classroom 2 A&B
FREE. Registration is mandatory.