About the Foundation
Generous gifts allow the Foundation to make a positive impact on healthcare needs of individuals, families and groups who may otherwise be underservedMake a Donation
In 1979, the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother identified a growing need for healthcare services for underserved members of northern Wisconsin communities. Thy addressed these needs with a vision of supporting healthcare within the hospital and in area communities served by Saint Mary’s Hospital. With the assistance of community leaders, that vision became the Saint Mary’s Hospital Foundation.
Today, the Foundation continues to play a vital role in ensuring the healthcare needs of our communities are met. We’re proud to partner with the hospital and the communities we serve to continually improve the health and wellness of all people, especially the poor.
What We Do
Saint Mary’s Hospital Foundation provides funding support for a variety of programs and services. Highlights include:
- James Beck Cancer Center, Family Resource Connection, Hospice, Springer Health Access Program and the Dental Sealant Program
- Health screenings at no charge to community residents who attend health and wellness fairs in the northern region
- Lodging, transportation, prescriptions, wigs, camisoles and various medical supplies for cancer patients
- Diabetic supplies for patients in need
- Friends & Family Beepers for the Surgical Waiting Area
- Continuing medical education for health care providers
- Medical supplies for homeless residents in need
How to Make a Gift
Your charitable gift to the Saint Mary’s Hospital Foundation may be designated to a specific area of interest or you can give an unrestricted gift that will be used to meet the greatest need at Saint Mary’s Hospital. You may also choose to honor the memory of a loved one through a gift to the Foundation.
For Questions or to Make a Gift
Kim Baltus Foundation DirectorAscension Saint Mary’s Hospital 2251 North Shore Drive Rhinelander