Eligibility and Application
Pharmacy Residency Program eligibility and application requirements.
To be eligible for Ascension Borgess’ residency, the applicant must:
- Possess a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree from an ACPE-accredited school
- Be eligible for licensure as a registered pharmacist (R.Ph.) in the State of Michigan (Note: licensure is required within 90 days of entering the program)
- Have employment authorization that is valid throughout the residency period (non-resident alien applicants)
To apply for the residency program, Ascension Borgess requires candidates to submit the following materials:
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum vitae
- Official academic transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
Ascension Borgess uses the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS) to manage the residency application process. Applicants need to register for a PhORCAS account at http://www.ashp.org/phorcas to submit their application materials to Ascension Borgess electronically.
The final deadline for all application materials is January 15th.
Ascension Borgess will begin to offer on-site residency interviews once the candidate’s application packages have been received and reviewed.
Application questions should be directed to:
Mitchell Stein, PharmD
Residency Program Director
1521 Gull Road
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Fax: (269) 226-8173