This light and healthy spinach and artichoke dip is one of our many mindful eating recipes from our registered dietitians.
Mindful Eating from ReNew You
Cut your calories and sugar in half and fat content by 75 percent with this mindful eating appetizer recipe.
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Makes 5 cups
- 2 (14 oz) cans artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 (8 oz) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened and cut in 1/2" cubes
- 1 (8 oz) block fat-free cream cheese, softened and cut in 1/2" cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced (optional garnish)
SLOW COOKER METHOD: Coat the slow cooker with cooking spray. Add all ingredients except the red bell pepper. Stir to combine, cover and cook until heated through. 1-1/2 to 2 hours on high, 3 to 4 hours on low.
OVEN METHOD: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside half of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. In a large bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients except the red bell pepper. Spoon mixture into greased or sprayed 1-1/2 to 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle top with remaining cheeses. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
Great served with raw veggies, such as red bell peppers.
Nutrition Comparison for 1/4 cup
|Lighter Artichoke Dip
||(Traditional) Spinach Artichoke Dip
|Calories||72 g||180 g|
|Fat||2.9 g||16 g|
|Protein||5.4 g||6 g|
|Carbs||6.4 g||4 g|
|Sugar||1 g||2 g|
|Sodium||245 mg||360 mg|
|Fiber||1.9 g||0 g|
Learn More About the Ascension Renew You Weight Management Program
The primary office is located at
Ascension SE Wisconsin Hospital – Elmbrook
19333 W. North Ave., Suite 304
Brookfield, WI 53045
A satellite office is located at
Ascension SE Wisconsin – Franklin Campus
9969 S. 27th St.
2nd Floor of Medical Office Building
Franklin, WI 53132