The Bariatric Surgery Process: Steps Along the Journey to a New You
Free Weight Loss Seminars
We know that making the decision to have weight loss surgery is a big one, and we take that seriously. Our team believes that the best way to make the right decision is through education and partnership with your surgeon. The first required step towards weight loss surgery is attending one of our seminars. They are free, informative and there is no commitment after you attend—just a great way to learn more, hear from our experts and our patients. Saint Agnes hosts seminars at our Hospital as well as online.
Attend an In-Person Seminar
Our in-person seminars are led by one of our Bariatric team members and feature one of our surgeons who will lead you through the overview process. You will also hear from former patients about their experience before and after surgery. These seminars give you an opportunity to learn all about the weight loss surgery process and ask any questions that you may have to make an informed decision as to whether you want to continue on your weight loss journey.
What to Expect at an In-Person Seminar
- An overview of the process from pre-surgery to follow up
- Is bariatric surgery right for you?
- The importance of choosing a fully accredited program
- What sets the Saint Agnes experience apart
- The procedures offered
- Potential complications from surgery
- Success rates
- Life after surgery
- Insurance requirements
- Question and Answer session with the surgeon
View Our Online Seminar
If you prefer a more flexible learning experience, we welcome you to view our online seminar. This method explores all facets of the weight loss process through short videos. At the completion of this seminar, you can schedule a meeting with our care team to continue your journey.
What To Expect from an Online Seminar:
- Self-guided videos hosted by an experienced doctor or member of our care team
- Information about your body's transformation during the weight loss process
- Success stories from people who once faced the same challenges