Verify Insurance Coverage
Many insurance companies cover weight loss surgery, but insurance coverage depends on your insurance plan. To qualify for any weight loss procedure, you must be at least 18 years old and have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or higher. Patients with a BMI from 35-39.9 with a major, weight-related health issue (i.e. Diabetes, High Cholesterol, Hypertension, Sleep Apnea) may also qualify for surgery. A patient navigator will meet with you at your first appointment to go through coverage and necessary requirements for bariatric surgery.
Insurance Coverage Checklist
Before working with our patient navigator, we highly recommend contacting your insurance provider to verify your bariatric surgery coverage and any plan limitations. Here are some common questions you can ask:
- Is bariatric surgery covered on my insurance plan or is it an exclusion? Please use Procedure Codes:
- 43644 for Gastric Bypass with a Diagnosis Code E66.01 OR
- 43775 for Sleeve Gastrectomy with a Diagnosis Code E66.01
- What requirements do I need to meet to qualify for surgery?
- What is my deductible? What is my out of pocket costs? Is my deductible applied to my out of pocket?
Register today for a seminar and get started on your new journey to a healthier you.